Sunday, August 26, 2007

Stand by me...cancer is a blessing


One of the many blessings of ‘getting’ cancer, for me, is making friends who have been or are going through the same ‘tragedy’ - and being able to tell them that it’s really no tragedy but really a BLESSING. What? Cancer a blessing? Have we gone bonkers, or what?

No, really - cancer IS a blessing. And why not?
It’s made me a better informed person, it’s made me a more loving and forgiving person, I’m now able to value the time I have with my daughters, I now look into my wife’s ’spiritual’ eyes while saying to her ‘I love you….’ I don’t take life for granted like I routinely used to. I am a holistically rounded person and am able to tell good from bad better than before.

I am ever closer to The Al Mighty Allah, frequently getting up in the middle of nights for prayers. This has made me a calmer, serene and contented person. Man… if these are not blessings, I’d like to know what is!

So… go out there and get cancer…? You betcha’.. but only if you can handle it.
Haha… Seriously, whatever The Lord gives you, take it with LOVE in your heart and lots of positive waves in your mind. That’s what I went through to get through cancer… you CAN too!
Be inspired!



Nazlan

No comments: